Because we provide both medical and routine eye care, we accept a number of insurance plans to help cover the cost depending on your individual needs.
Our Clinic in North York Accepts The Following:
Ontario Health Insurance Plan
The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) covers optometry services for:
- Citizens under age 19 and 65 or older. Services include 1 major eye exam per year and some minor exams.
- Citizens between the ages of 20-64, some services may be covered if your vision is affected by various medical conditions, such as glaucoma, cataracts, corneal or retinal disease, and others.
You may be eligible for additional eye care if you are on the Ontario Disability Support Program ( ODSP) or Ontario Works.
A complete list of eye diseases covered by OHIP can be found on the program’s website.
Optometric Services Not Covered By OHIP:
There are certain aspects of eye health and vision care that aren’t covered under OHIP. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
Eye examinations and visual fields that are required by potential employers or other third parties (such as the Ministry of Transportation)
- Fundus photos (Retinal photos)
- Contact lens fittings and teaching appointments
- Laser refractive surgery management (pre- and post-operative examinations)
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses and low vision aids"
Other Plans We Accept
- Sun Life Financial
- Canada Life
- Chamber Of Commerce
- iA Financial Group
- Johnston Group
- Canadian Construction Workers Union
- Cowan Insurance Group
- DA Townley
- First Canadian
- Group Health Benefit Solutions
- Group Source
- LiUNA Local 506
- Maximum Benefit
- People Corp
- RWAM Insurance
- Union Benefits
Our North York Eye Care Staff Is Here To Help You With Your Insurance
If you do not see your plan listed here, please give us a call and we would be happy to assist you. Our staff is also always available to answer any questions regarding your benefits.